Complex systems and workplaces
Posted on November 12, 2019
I've got interested in complex systems and how they can help understand our lives and social relations.
A workplace is a complex system because a human being is a complex system.
There are some hints learned from some books I've read recently:
- A complex system can't be directly influenced
- But it can be modified indirectly by using catalyzing parameters
- In a workplace, such parameters can be the autonomy, recognition, fee and benefits.
Other interesting factors to be improved in order to improve a complex situation are:
- interconnections between the actors (a better communication)
- redundancy among the actors
- the error friendly possibilities
- network building
Those hints come from the study and the observation of complex systems in nature and they can be applied to human-based complex systems as well.