Five core principles for a better presentation
Posted on October 25, 2021
David JP Phillips is a well-known presentations expert, speaker, and consultant that helps companies presenting and speaking better and more efficiently.
In one of his famous TED talk is possible to grasp some useful principles to make a presentation great and efficient.
Here a summary:
- Use one message per single slide
- Prefer images rather than text as much as possible
- Font size should be set according to the importance of the text
- Contrast is a powerful tool to draw attention and easy readability
- Lower the number of items/object per single slide, six is the magic number. The rule is: the reader doesn't have to count those elements, just looking at it to know that number
A rule of thumb, you, as a presenter, are the main actor, the presentation should be less visible and important than you, ever.